Canon Pro 1 Fine Art Paper Margins

Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
AusPic
Regular MemberPosts: 274
Like?
Re: If you generate your own ICC printer profiles...
In reply to kenwj, Apr 4, 2012

Hi there,

Regret, have not yet purchased the printer, a) nil available where I live, not due to arrive for a few weeks yet. I was asking for info in order to decide between Pro1, R3000 and R3880 Epson printer BEFORE purchasing.

b)I am truly at the point where it is almost the smartest thing I could do to NOT purchase a new BIGGER, BETTER, PROFESSIONAL printer, from reading the posts in this Forum I conclude that all I will be doing is changing from a simple 6 dye based A4 printer that NEVER seems to have ANY issues of any sort at all. I get EXACTLY the print output I see on my Eizo Colour Edge Monitor with the 'out the box' profiles provided by the paper Manufacturers for an expensive to run Pemadonna of a machine that was developed by the Printer Manufactuer for NO OTHER PURPOSE than to sell Ink on which they can make MEGABUCKS on a quick turnover profit laden consumable, where they have 99.999% of their market captive without an alternative cheaper source of ink.

As a young fella I bought a fully worked Mini Cooper S, it was a racer registered as a street car........In the month I had it, I had to tweek it every time out ( to go to work) reset and retune it weekly, and I was contantly working on the suspension to get it better. Finally I wised up, sold it at a great loss and bought a common as GM street car. Serviced it every 5,000 miles, bought tires once every two or so years.......Not making THAT mistake again, not THIS little black Duck, no Sir!!!

-- hide signature --

Andrew G

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow