ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JacquesBalthazar
Regular MemberPosts: 451Gear list
Like?
NEX 7 wide angles
Apr 4, 2012

Hi all,

Just got myself a Nex 7 yesterday, primarly to use with with my M glass. I am aware of color cast issues in corners with RF wide angles, and do not own any wider than 35mm anyway.

I read about the CZ 24mm f1.8 (mostly positive, with some quirks with CA and focus shift, and not too sure about price/quality ratio). I read about the new Sigma 19mm f2.8 (very few reviews but mostly positive). And I read about the Sony E 16mm f2.8 (mostly negative in regards to Nex 7, with the odd praise thrown in).

Of course I now have the kit zoom.

So my question is: what are the best legacy options in the two following focal lengths 24-25mm (f2.8 or faster) and 14-15-16mm (f4 or faster).

Of course not too big nor too heavy (not tempted at all by the current CZ series for SLRs for example). IQ needs to be good enough to leverage Nex 7 resolution.

I suspect I might end up with the CZ 24mm anyway as a "walkaround" 35mm equiv, but really curious about options on "ultra-wide" side...

Oh, and apologies if there are already complete threads on this topic, but the threads I have found were not Nex 7-centric, and the Nex 7 has issues different to 5n and other models.

Thanks beforehand!

JacquesBalthazar's gear list:JacquesBalthazar's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/50 Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +21 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow