sony nex-5n or olympus OM-D E-M5

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sixpm
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Re: sony nex-5n or olympus OM-D E-M5
In reply to SueQ, Apr 4, 2012

Just had the delivery of the OM-D and I'm also a owner of the NEX7 and the old NEX5, as I like to use either micro 4/3 or APS-C for all my photography because of the sizes that I can carry more lenses and weights less than the full frame 35mm system.

The extra money paid for the OM-D over the NEX5n is obvious, the solid build of the OM-D and the speed of response is enough for the difference in the price. I find the handling of the OM-D is even better than the Sony NEX7 in some way, plus the high ISO is better on the smaller size chip than the larger APS-C on the NEX7 was a revelation for me.

But horses for courses, I will tend to use the OM-D for wide angle or where the depth of field is not an issue and would only to use the NEX7 for wide aperture lenses (ie Voigtlander 35mm f1.2) for shallow depth of field pictures. I too was amazed by the level of quality from the OM-D which has less pixel count, which it almost match the NEX7 for overall quality.

To me the choice is clear, the OM-D is a better choice for you.

Sixpm's gear list:Sixpm's gear list
Sony RX1R Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow