Started Apr 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FlossTycoon
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,871
Like?
S1, S2, S3, S5 Wednesday thread 2012.04.04
Apr 4, 2012

Another week passes, it is time to show a few images from this past week while I was up on Flathead Lake in Montana.

I went back up to the lakehouse to finish the desk drawer project in the library I started a month or so ago. Upon return from that trip I posted owl photos in the snow. This time I chanced upon some turkeys found in the small cherry orchard my brother is a partner in. The Toms are interested in other things than predators so I was able to find myself within about 20 yards (meters) of the birds.

The first image was taken with the S5 and the Nikkor 24mm-120mm f4 VR at 120mm. The next two are taken with the S3 and the Nikkor 70mm-200mm f2.8 VRI with the TC-17E attached. All images are hand held at 180 sec while leaned against a cherry try to disguise my human form. None are cropped.

Here is a token train image from a few years ago. This was a tourist train running between Butte and Anaconda, MT. The photo here is in Silver Bow Canyon near the old station of Durant. The family owned railroad has a heritage from the Copper Kings of Montana, Marcus Daly in fact. The railroad has since been sold to a shortline from out of state and the tourist operations have been terminated.

Thanks to all those who are participating regularly or in drive by mode. Last week I was gifted a new Wimberley gimbal head, I am waiting for at least one mounting plate to arrive so I can give it a try. I like it a lot so far though set up for level is going to be a bit slower than it is with a ball head.

-- hide signature --

Alan, in Montana

Casio Exilim EX-S5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RustNew
BobNew
AlanNew
MarkNew
TomNew
AlanNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow