What the &*%$ Canon!

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RichLondon New Member • Posts: 5
What the &*%$ Canon!

I'm hoping someone can calm me down here as I'm about to pop!!!

I've just spent 6 months saving my ass off for a 5D Mk II. 177 shots later with the 24-105 lens and with every auto-focus move of the lens motor I'm getting 3-4 seconds of "grinding noise" where the USM sounds like it's spinning down. This was not there for the last two days and is there now.

Two days? 177 shots? I didn't think after spending the best part of £2.5K on a camera/lens that i would have to be dealing with crap like this from a company like Canon!

I've google'd the symptoms and am getting very little back. Is this a known fault? Do any of you pro's out there have any idea what has happened to this lens? I guess i'll be taking it back to Jessops to send back to Canon and be going back to my £300 Panasonic point and shoot (which has lasted three years without fault) for my holiday to South Africa on Friday... great.

I want my money back!!!!

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow