Which lens combo for Olympus OM-D E-M5? f1.7 20 / f1.4 25 or f1.8 45 ?

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Project Revolife
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
Which lens combo for Olympus OM-D E-M5? f1.7 20 / f1.4 25 or f1.8 45 ?
Apr 3, 2012

Hi everyone,

As an amateur photographer, I have been saving up to finally take the plunge on the investing on a system camera, opting for the Olympus OM-D.

The design, the feature set, and capable output won me over. Now the dilemma of lenses. I decided to go for the Oly 12-50 for its probable decent output, flexibility, price and weather seal. I understand it's slow and relatively big but looking ahead to a possible Panasonic f2.8 12-35x that is weather sealed maybe $1500-$1700 pays for better primes. Now if that comes available for $1100 or less I'll reconsider.

A year from now, I will be backpacking the world for 2-3 years. Traveling light is ideal. The 12-50 though not perfect will make a fair all around purpose lens especially when traveling in constant climate changes. I also ordered a second hand Oly f2 12mm for $625 for landscape, street and indoor shots. This will probably be my primary lens.

Now, I'm looking for 1 more prime focal length with the most versatility that the 12mm can't give me. Something that will also be great for intimate travel street portrait shots with good bokeh.

Out of these 3 lenses, (not considering price) which one would you recommend to backpack light around the world?

1. Panasonic f1.7 20
2. Panasonic f1.4 25
3. Olympus f1.8 45

Need some perspective.

Jason

Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow