ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arnab Guha
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
D700 Rental Issue
Apr 3, 2012

Hello Everyone,

I am facing some Rental issues. I rented D700 last Thursday from Adorama and returned camera on Sunday. When I took it, it was working perfectly. When I returned it, it was working perfectly. During the 2 days time period, I handled it with utmost care, as it was my 1st rental experience and its a very costly camera.

On Monday, I got a call from Adorama rental department. The tech guy said that one pin in the memory card slot is got bent and I need to pay for that. I told him that I haven;t done anything wrong which can result this. Also the camera can successfully Read/Write on the card. He accepted it and confirmed that camera is fully functional. He said that 1 bent pin will not affect the reading or writing to the camera. But I need to pay for that repair.

I said that they should have checked the camera when I delivered it. They gave me the receipt. And now they can't say this things. But he said they need 24 hours to check the equipment ( I couldn't find this clause anywhere in there site or policies).

I am sure that I haven't done anything wrong. How should I be sure that the problem was there long before. Or how should I be sure that the problem didn't happened in their hand after I returned the camera. How should I prove my point?

They still haven;t release the replacement value from my credit card. And I am worried. Please suggest what I should do

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow