My favorite OM-D feature so far: the tone curve button.

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chris_in_Osaka
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,799Gear list
Like?
Re: Very eager to use it, I have a question ?
In reply to Marla2008, Apr 3, 2012

Marla2008 wrote:

This is one of the main attractions of the EM-5 in my case.

How does it work exactly, what do you turn/push after the initial Fn2 button to manipulate the highlights/shadows tails ?

Push the Fn2/curve button:

The smaller dial around the shutter controls the highlights, the bigger dial controls the shadows. Move one with your index finger, the other with you thumb. The onscreen images is easy to view and you can see the effects in real time (you can also see it in the EVF:

How easy is it to get fine adjustments ?

The dials are larger than what you'd find on a Pen camera and click, plus it's easy to see the curve graph unlike on a Pen camera, so I think it's quite easy.

I'm getting not only cold, but indeed icy feet about the camera, and was ready to write it off altogether for the moment and see what the next months would bring, but your post has sparked my interest again.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing

-- hide signature --

Canon 5D Mark II, 24-105mm L, 70-200mm f/4L IS, EF, 100mm f2, Tokina 16-28mm f2.8.
Olympus E-PL3, 14-42mm II, 17mm, 45mm f1.8.
Ricoh GR-D
Sony DSC-V3 (used for IR)

Chris_in_Osaka's gear list:Chris_in_Osaka's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
How?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow