ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AzimLiza
Regular MemberPosts: 242Gear list
Like?
E620 user; New body or new lens?
Apr 3, 2012

Greetings to all 4/3, m4/3 shooters.

I have been using E620 for almost 3 years now. Due to my own mistake one of contact pin has been bent when I try to mount an old Pentax PK manual focus lens. I only have the 2 kit lens currently. Occasionally the camera unable to detect the lens and I have to un-mount the lens and pull out the bent contact pin and re-mount the lens again.

Otherwise the E620 works perfectly as it should. The thought of getting new camera is always on my mind and I am contemplating to buy EM5. However the price is too high (expected to be 1500 USD body only) in Malaysia. Today while doing some window shopping just found a heavily discounted E30 body for 650 USD and E3 body for 750 USD.

The dilemma;

For the same price I can buy 14-54mm MkII.The reason I didn't buy the 14-54mm initially because of the intention to fully go m4/3. But as a DSLR user that use viewfinder frequently I am hesitating to buy into PEN line without built in viewfinder (EVF/OVF doesn't matter).

So only left with the excellent Panasonic G3 and Olympus EM5. Now besides those 2 kitlens I shoot with few other manual focus lens like 24mm, 50mm, 200mm, 300mm and 400mm. With G3 I will have no IS for those lens. And now with EM5 everything looks good except for the price.

The main reason for my new purchase for either E30 or 14-54mm is to get better focus in lower light. I know I can always get focus assist with external flash. But most of the time during hiking in the jungle or mountain which I need to focus in lower light I can't bring along my external flash to keep things minimal. So it left with either I have a body that focus faster of lens that focus faster.

Any E620 or even E5xx user which has upgraded to E30 or 14-54mm can kindly give a comment. Thank you.

-- hide signature --

Azimliza

AzimLiza's gear list:AzimLiza's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +8 more
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-620
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow