Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FarmerJim
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
K5, or K-01, or ???
Apr 3, 2012

I am looking for some advice/opinions on my next camera body purchase.

I am currently using a K-10D I pre-ordered when it became available. It has been a great camera.

I use the DA 16-45, DA* 50-135 (Which I LOVE), a (new to me) Tamron 90mm Macro SP MF, and a Nikon 28mm MF on a reversal ring for macros.

Most of my photography is landscape/waterfall/close-up/nature photography and it frequently taken from my tripod. When using the tripod I have to lean in to compose/focus and then backup and take the pic with the remote or 2 sec timer. I sometimes take the tipod head off the post and mount it to the bottom of the post so I can hang the camera upside down in the middle of the tripod legs. I can get some great close-ups that way, but normally lay on the ground (sometimes with ground cover) to be able to see into the viewfinder.

I think the live view in the K-01 would be great. If it had an EVF, I would jump on it. I don't know how well the live view works in the K-5 and how much I have to worry about the heat it generates. I wish we knew more about the K-z (or whatever it will be called) and whatever replaces the K5. If Pentax had an articulated/variable angle LCD, that would be great!

Any thoughts?

Pics enclosed as samples. All are from my home state of Oregon (US).

FarmerJim's gear list:FarmerJim's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +2 more
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow