Started Mar 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Scampi1965
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
Re: Is this a decision... or?
In reply to matthias jurisch, Apr 3, 2012

Matthias
Thank you. You did a little research too I see

Not that many photos are mine on the site. The club displays my sots of race days and that is my fun and my contribution to the club. The 70-200 will be my sailing lens of course!

Flash? That will inevitably be the next purchase but I rarely use the onbe I have with my current Sony A700 so I have elected to spned the bucks on the "sparkle" and save again for the flash as this will be a more exclusive and therefor limited type of photography I can live without for now. I hate flash anyway. Of course, i have no idea how the basketball shooting will go without. I do like flash to freeze the action and the courts can be very dim at best.... maybe I need to revisit my needs there?

Thanks again for the support... now to spend the money!

Cheers

Iain

matthias jurisch wrote:

jitteringjr wrote:

Scampi1965 wrote:

After everyone's terriffic help and advice, and after much thought and in consideration of filter requirements, second battery etc, I was left with a certain budget SO:

5DMk III
70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM
EF 24-105L
EF 17-40L

I have left the idea of the 100mm macro "on the list" as I really want this as my next list and if I can get away with it, will add this in immediately!

I am buying B&W UV filters and circular polarisers at this stage. Any thoughts on better solutions?

Iain wont need a flash...with all that $$$$$ sparkle in his eyes he will light up the whole scene...no doubt in my mind that all that top notch equipment deserves a Canon 580 EX II...looking at the website of the yacht club, I hope to see some very drastic improvement to the photo gallery...
greetings
Matthias
http://www.foto-jurisch.de

http://www.lmyc.com.au/site/index.cfm?display=109718

What about a flash? budget not allow? if so then, skip the UV filters. Polarisers? Are you getting more than one? Your 3 lenses all take the same threads - 77mm.

-- hide signature --

As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters be kind to you.

Scampi1965's gear list:Scampi1965's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow