New K5, what lens/lenses recommended?

Started Apr 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
vietnam74
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
Re: New K5, what lens/lenses recommended?
In reply to rayk, Apr 3, 2012

For new switcher, the main objective is to see the features that new system can offer and what he/she can learn and get out of it. You should not invest heavily in the high end lens (this can become your lost if you decide to switch to different system later.) Before you get too deep into one system, you can always try go with the kit lens first. Base on my experience, I recommend you to go with K5 and 18-55mm WR lens. With high ISO performance and K5, the kit lens should deliver good pictures already. After that, you can always get the Pentax 55-300mm to cover the telephoto area if you're interested.

I've started with Olympus E500 then go to E510, E520 and then decided to switch to Pentax K7 with weather resistance and compact DSLR with line of weather resistance lens and fast old cheap manual lens that I can get. One thing that I am not satisfy is high ISO performance with K7. However, there is a work around that has been discussed in the PentaxForums that I can get my K7 to capture good quality image at high ISO up to 3200. With new lower price of K5, I also bought it a few day ago so I can get to higher ISO range of 6400 and even 12800 ISO range with the same work around for my K7.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow