7D Picture Quality...user error?

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
fpix
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D Picture Quality...user error?
In reply to GeoffE, Apr 3, 2012

GeoffE wrote:

I've read a number of posts on the 7D sensor and would like to understand if what I'm getting is expected and I need to do more post work or I screwed up and if I did what should I do moving forward. Other than likely increase the shutter speed as it may be too low but the deer were statues.

Nope, what you show is not ok (sorry to disagree with porsche997 ). Now, why? Hard to say from the few details you mentioned. Image looks blurred to me. 1/320s should be ok at f=85mm, unless you were not careful and moved the camera in the instant you were tripping the shutter button. Where you shooting One Shot? Are you sure that between aquiring focus and tripping the shutter button the subject or you did not move? Colors are washed out. Ok, the light was bad, but still, something is not ok with colors. Noise - far more than it should be at ISO400. Where you shooting JPEG? Is this image out of the camera? If yes, were you careful to set proper Picture Style and C.Fn (NR) parameters? Have you done any postprocessing to the image, such as pushing exposure up?

The duck above is better, even if T was dangerously long for f=300mm. Do you know about T ≤ 1/f/crop_factor? Why f/14?

Hope it helps.

-- hide signature --

Cristi@fpix.ro

fpix's gear list:fpix's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow