K-5 Colours and ICC profiles

Started Apr 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
DrewE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,976Gear list
Like?
Re: K-5 Colours and ICC profiles
In reply to Yanko Kitanov, Apr 2, 2012

Given that a fair number of browsers don't support color management at all (though that's been steadily improving over time), and some others have only limited support, I'd think the answer should be rather obvious: convert to sRGB, particularly since many monitors won't be capable of showing the differences you're trying to show.

I'm using a color managed browser and a somewhat better than average (though not calibrated) monitor (namely, Safari on a 27" iMac), and I can't say that I see any noticeable difference between the two images. If I were to use a browser that didn't support color profiles at all, such as Chrome or Internet Exporer before version 9, they would appear vastly different, with the ProPhoto one being horribly off.

(As an aside, the colors in general are way oversaturated for my personal taste, but I gather that's somewhat the effect you're trying to achieve. Tastes differ, and that's just fine.)
--
--DrewE

DrewE's gear list:DrewE's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow