Started Apr 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Galore
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Refillable cartridges or a CIS
Apr 2, 2012

Hello all. I am planning to buy a new printer to print good quality photos as lately took up photography as a hobby. I am currently trying to decide between the Canon Mg8150 or the Epson Stylus PX830FWD. I am slanting more towards that Canon as apparently Epson are always updating their chip firmware so it can cause problems with Ciss systems. Furthermore I also read that some Epsons have problems with paper jamming.

I was amazed to actually learn of these Ciss systems as until now I considered printing costs to be really expensive and a bit out of my reach. Anyone can please tell me the pros and cons of refillable cartridges vs a continuous system ? What I can presume for sure is that once in a while you have to refill the refillable cartridges but is there anything else I am missing ?

I think refillable cartridges would suit me more as I would not have ink bottles lying around waiting to be knocked over by my two kids. But would the print quality be as good as Canon originals or the Ciss systems ?

Has anyone used inks from fotorite .I found them on Amazon.Uk and they seem to be a serious company with good ratings. Is their ink any good ?

Thanks a lot for your time and help

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow