ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CollinFX45
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
E-P1 or E-P2 for backup?
Apr 2, 2012

Greetings!

I've a new adopter of the m4/3 format and I'm taking a trip to Vietnam in a few weeks. I originally migrated to 4/3 from Sony because I got sick of carrying around so much gear. Once on 4/3, I decided I just had to have m4/3 as well and went out and bought a G3. I'm very drawn to the Pens, however, and would like to try one at a reasonable cost. I really want the legacy glass I use to be stabilized and I've narrowed it down to the E-P1 and E-P2. I love the build and I love the size. What's not clear to me, however, is after the firmware update on the E-P1, where's the difference between the two? I have no use for an EVF as the G3 has one built in. Is that the only difference? IQ seems to be the same, or very similar. Both bodies can be had very inexpensively on eBay ($199 for the P1, $249 for the P2). So, is the E-P2 worth the $50 extra dollars? Should I save that $50 and go for the P1? I'm happy to spend the money for the E-P2, but only if it brings some benefit/improvement.

Thanks so much for your thoughts,

-Collin-

CollinFX45's gear list:CollinFX45's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-P2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow