E-M5 optional hand-strap: a solution to lug/neck-strap issues?

Started Apr 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,910Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M5 optional hand-strap: a solution to lug/neck-strap issues?
In reply to BJL, Apr 2, 2012

BJL wrote:

I am attracted by the idea of using a hand-strap rather than neck-strap with lightweight cameras like the E-M5 and my aging E510, so I am happy that there is an official hand-strap for the E-M5.

Two questions:

1. Has anyone has tried the hand-strap with there E-M5, and of so, does it avoid the issues that some complain of with the lug and strap position?

2. Does this strap work just as well on other cameras, in particular my E510?

It looks very similar to the hand straps Olympus sold for use on the camera/grip combinations for both the E1 and the E3/E30/E5, both of which I have used on and off. The E-M5 set is so small maybe it'll work better. Even after adjusting the tension for my hand, it was still a little hard getting at some controls with my hand inside the strap for me, with both the E1 and E5. When the day comes I pick an E-M5 and grip up, I won't be spending the funds on the hand strap.

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow