D800 as a vacation cam?

Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,745Gear list
Like?
Vacation camera
In reply to Raul, Apr 2, 2012

For me it depends where I go and what type of Vacation.

When I went to Europe, I usually went with simple setup. In 2010 I went with D7000 and 18-105VR and 35 DX combo - all I pretty much needed.

In 2011 I bought a used D90 and went with 18-105VR and 35DX and SB-400, again, 18-105 for day, 35mm DX prime for night, was pretty much most I needed. I also used Panasonic LX3 a lot.

Then I found even smaller and cheaper setup: Canon T2i with Canon 18-135IS lens and 50mm 1.8. And it is cheap so if something happens to it, I could care less. Well I will care, but it won't ruin vacation.

If I go to a city in the US like San Francisco, I will take my D800 with me of course and several lenses.

If I go on a cruise, I will take it all including D800 and Canon T2i and a few point and shoots too because you can always leave what you are not using that day in your cabin.

If I go to a crazy city where I know I will get robbed with any DSLR (like Rio for example) I will take a point-and-shoot or two only.

-- hide signature --

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow