ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Christophe tSerstevens
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Hesitating to upgrade from 18-200 to 17-55 and 70-200
Apr 2, 2012

Hello,

I currently own a 7D with the Canon EF-S 18-200 (amongst others). I'm mainly shooting family stuff and my kids in all kind of situations (at home, at a familly party, having fun outdoor or indoor, doing sports , ...). I'm also shooting other things like landscape, animals or architecture but these usage fall a bit outside of the scope of the next question.

The reason I went with the 18-200 despite its IQ is, just like most, its versatility. It is a great lens to put of your DSLR and then forget.

I'm now hesitating to make the investment into my "dream lens couple" : the EFS 17-55 2.8 and the EF 70-200 IS L II. I'm really looking forward for the improved IQ and lower light performance.

The reason I'm hesitating (beyond the budget, but that one is kind of sorted out by now) is that I'm so used to have a single lens on my body and never worry about it anymore that I'm struggling to imagine myslef having to switch lenses in the middle of a family dinner.

A good advise that you could give is : "go and rent the 2 lenses and give it a try" but rental prices where I live are outrageous.

As anyone made that kind of move from the 18-200 to several lense covering similar focal lengths ? What has your experience been like ? How often to you siwtch them ? Do you swithc them at all or decide upfront to stick to 1 lens for 1 event ? ...

Tx in advance,
Xtof.

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow