Started Apr 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neilm16
Regular MemberPosts: 354
Like?
Have you moved from DSLR to Micro 4/3?
Apr 2, 2012

I would really like to hear from anyone who has moved from DSLR to Micro 4/3 cameras like the Lumix G3 G2 and G1.

First and foremost do you feel it was the right decision overall? The most common reason given for moving to Micro 4/3 is weight and size but I am more interested in the IQ side of things. Personallly the most recent DSLR's like the Canon 550D and 600D are not much different in size and weight from my G2 which is a form I like with a sensible grip and EVF.

Do you feel you have lost anything in moving away from your DSLR?

Do you notice any difference in IQ? Especially at low ISO's?

In other words do you feel the images from the Micro 4/3 lack anything or miss anything compared with those from the DSLR?

The reason I am asking is because there seems to be much confusion between reviewers as to how good IQ is even at low ISO's.

For example from magazines like Whatdigitalcamera who always seem to rate the Micro 43 cameras IQ at all ISO levels below DSLR's with other reviewers like Gordon Laing at Cameralabs now saying that the G3 for example matches and in some cases surpasses cameras like the Canon 600D.

Many thanks for your input.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow