FZ50 spies early season turtles

Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Holmes375
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,315
Like?
Re: FZ50 spies early season turtles
In reply to SnapPics, Apr 2, 2012

SnapPics wrote:

Beautiful shot Holmes. Like the touch of orange & yellow adding a lot.

Just for clarification, this one was jpeg standard (not raw?) and next time you intend to shoot jpeg fine??

Howdy Rick and thank you.

Yes, the posted image is a jpg standard. I was shooting raw/jpg and this option in the FZ50 delivers only a standard grade jpg. My raw images processed with LR didn't look as good as as the standard jpg processed lightly in PSE9. This is due to my inexperience with LR thus I posted the jpg version.

Since the FZ50 processes raw files in-camera rather slowly, I've decided to try shooting only fine grade jpgs next time so I can achieve a faster frame rate which will be much more beneficial when shooting from a kayak. I experience too much boat movement to be waiting 3-4 seconds between shots. The FZ50 doesn't offer a raw/fine jpg combination. If I can get nice shots with the fine jpgs and minimal post work I'll be happy. Admittedly, the camera is new to me and I still have much to sort out with it.
--
Holmes
http://holmes.zenfolio.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow