ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kinkan1
Regular MemberPosts: 189
Like?
Canon G1x build quality?
Apr 2, 2012

Hello all,

I bought a Canon G1x last week and find the picture quality quite nice, given its large sensor. I have two questions though:

1. When I hold the camera in the right hand, just using the hand grip, the metal to the left of the grip bends out a tiny bit and a very small space develops between the front panel of the camera and the control panel on the horizontal top. I've already noticed dust gathering there, and I wonder if this is a potential problem for internal dust and even moisture? Do I have a bum copy or has anyone else experienced this? I notice someone else on the Canon forum mentions dust in images made with this camera . . . .

2. The video is of very nice quality but is often quite jerky in playback on my computer. I've never used video before (my main axe is a Nikon D700), and I wonder if this is the fault of my computer? It is a MacBook Pro 17" with 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo and 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM. But the computer is now three or four years old and perhaps can't seamlessly handle the 1080p HD files?

Any observations would be welcome--
Mack

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow