Street photo with 14mm f/2.5, ISO 3200, E-PM1

Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
sigala1
Senior MemberPosts: 3,205
Like?
Re: Street photo with 14mm f/2.5, ISO 3200, E-PM1
In reply to Lights, Apr 2, 2012

Lights wrote:

I shoot from the waist by pointing the camera in the right direction and hoping i catch something. Maybe I should try holding it a little higher.

Thanks.

I like it like it is, looks like a twin lens reflex angle..gives the shot a unique look too...besides being a moment in time that a person keeps looking at.

Think that 14mm will be my next lens. From what I've heard they focus fast, and to me they seem to have good contrast, sharpness and not very big at all.

It's a good lens for surreptitiously taking some people's photos as you walk by, especially when combined with a black E-PM1.

Focus speed was irrelevant. I just auto-focused on something about 9 feet away, then switched the camera to manual focus. Even wide open, this lens has pretty wide depth of field. Olympus is superior to the Panasonic GF cameras because the E-PM1 allows you to map the red button to be an MF toggle. As far as I can tell, the GF2 (which I also own) won't let me do such a thing.

I don't think the image quality is any better than with the Olympus 14-42mm II kit lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow