D800 as a vacation cam?

Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,149Gear list
Like?
Re: Rephrase your post to; "On Location Destination Camera" most say yes!
In reply to Al Giordano, Apr 2, 2012

My thoughts exactly. Similar questions abound on the forum, and I believe that the r reason we get such different responses is that everybody has a different image of what a "vacation" will be like.

When my wife and I travel, I tend to look on the occasion more as an undertaking to facilitate interesting photography. My wife sees it as a relaxing and interesting escape from work, which she likes to record to later jog her memory of the experience.

Non the less, I firmly believe that either point of view is best supported with light gear and not much of it.
--

One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow