ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Daniel Clune
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,438Gear list
Like?
Any metz 54-4 users out there
Apr 1, 2012

On a preorder list for d800

I have a Metz 54-4 not the 54-4i just the regular 54-4 model. Right now it has the Canon foot on it.

I want to get the SCA-3402 foot which is for Nikon bodies. I called Metz usa and the guy wasnt completly sure if the older 54-4 would work in ITTL correctly with latest nikon bodies or if I needed a 54-4i model, he was unsure so asking here. Specificaly seeing if it would work with the new D800 body. So if someone has a 54-4 and it works with there nikon body in ITTL, auto will work of course then I will risk buying the foot.

So anyone out there with a metz 54-4 with SCA-3402 foot can tell me if it works with there nikon DSLR in ITTL mode with what ever body you might have. Dont want to waste 75 bucks on a new foot if it wont work fully.

Hopefuly I can just get a foot rather than haveing to sell whole flash and buying a new flash unit. I dont use flash much so trying to keep cost down were I dont really use it much anyway.

-- hide signature --
 Daniel Clune's gear list:Daniel Clune's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow