DTP20 (Pulse) calibration error

Started Mar 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,432
Like?
Re: Yes, the low battery charge was my cal error reason...
In reply to vcelkamaja, Apr 1, 2012

Just to let you know I have a Pulse, I1PRO, and and Spyder3Print and the best and easiest/quickest scanning profiles come from the Pulse.

Two of us also compared the I1PRO profile to a ColorMunki profile and didn't see much, if any differences. So the ColorMunki is another great profile maker.

You know that even if Xrite no longer supports the Pulse I would send an email to Xrite support and ask what could be the issue. You may just get a sympathetic support person that may give you a clue. You have nothing to lose.

The LAB measurements on Pulse white cal disc are

Using

My PULSE 93.75 -0.47 -0.21

Your Pulse was...

93.53, -0.43. 0.33

My I1PRO 94.5 -0.43 2.77

This is a great match, no two white discs are the same, this is extremely close and if I measure my white disc a few times I get different numbers each time.

I would relax and just use it based upon your readings. Take 10 sets of readings, keep them, and then just read the disc before a profiling session, if the readings are near the saved readings you know that you are good to go.

Also you get a cal error, but who knows maybe it is reading the white disc and saving the data, just reporting an error in error.

Again do your prints match the monitor well?

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow