The Zeiss look?

Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Senior MemberPosts: 1,231Gear list
The Zeiss look?
Apr 1, 2012

A couple of months back I acquired a Zeiss Planar ZF T* 50mm F/1.4 lens. I ordered a Dandelon chip and 'upgraded' it to a ZF.2 lens, it is a little more convenient than without the chip on my D7000.

After that I started playing with it and realized that focusing is problematic. So I 'upgraded' my D7000 with a Katzeye focusing screen. Focusing was much better, but still not spot on. But I understand the quirks of it now and I can focus pretty well. Yet I think to do proper manual focus a focusing screen on a full frame would probably be better.

Anyway. I bought the Zeiss lens is arguable the best 50mm lens around and it is fun to do a little bit of work (focus) before you take a picture. The are legions of people say that the Zeiss lenses have a 'Zeiss'-look and that there is something called micro-contrast. I am not sure if I believe this, but i took this picture and wonder. do you believe in the 'Zeiss look' or not, and explain why.

-- hide signature --
 Hansplast26's gear list:Hansplast26's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Leica X (Typ 113) Nikon D800
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow