Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dog46
Junior MemberPosts: 43Gear list
Like?
Depth of Field Question(camera vs. My eye sight
Apr 1, 2012

I know it a treasured tenet of a DSLR's ability to blur out the background and concentrate on focusing on the some object more in the foreground. I also know that when taking a shot more of a landscape shot(forgive my terminology here) or may be better put- a shot where you want to get all of the view finder details into your picture. For example a meadow with mountains in the background: A DLSR will often have a lot out of focus if focus is to infinity

When I look out my window nothing in particular seems "out of Foucus." Certainly-I can see the details of things closer to my eyesight-but still-all things being equal-nothing is" out of focus".

A range finder-or at least my Panasonic LX3-where everything in a street or landscape shot in in focus-just like my eye sight. Unlike many DLSR shots I've taken or seen.

That being said-why would DLSR shot taking the same shot but with blurred details be a more capable camera?

What gives?

dog46's gear list:dog46's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow