A55 lens suggestions

Started Mar 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
wwjdpilot
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Re: A55 lens suggestions
In reply to wwjdpilot, Apr 1, 2012

Alright, I did it. I bought the Tamron 18-270. My initial reaction to the lens is overall pretty good, but I am noticing a couple of things:

1.) My biggest issue is when shooting inside with not very good lighting. For example, in a room with fairly large windows and a skylight, but on a cloudy day, my shots seem really dark, almost as if the flash is not able to compensate. I put my 18-55 kit lens back on, and everything was bright. Perhaps I need an external flash? (First with the 18-270, second with the 18-55.)

2.) I understand that at the far end of the zoom range there is to be some shake induced blurring, but it seems that there is far too much noise. Maybe it is just me when I view the photo in a 1:1 mode. (A random shot of a coyote running through my yard.)

Don't get me wrong, I do like the lens, and there is much I need to learn to get me to where I feel remotely comfortable with it and my camera. Good thing I have plenty of time. (Day Lilly)

Thanks for your help and advice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow