Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Holmes375
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,218Gear list
Like?
FZ50 spies early season turtles
Apr 1, 2012

Got out with the FZ50 in the kayak as our weather here in Wyoming is unseasonably warm. Not many critters out and about yet and the wind was going pretty steady. The OIS works quite well in this machine even from a wind-blown narrow beam sea kayak.

Light was midday thus rather harsh but that's what the basking turtles like

I'm still struggling with processing raw files and learning Lightroom and ACR (I'm a long time Capture NX user). So far my processed raw files don't look any better than the companion standard quality jpgs Quite honestly, the long write times of the FZ50 when shooting raw had more of a negative impact on my field shooting than I had anticipated thus I may end up shooting more fine quality jpgs with this camera. No worries, I'll simply have to be more careful.

Here's a standard jpg with some processing done in PS Elements 9:

I'm going back out as soon as the weather permits again and will try shooting straight jpg and see how that goes. The fine quality should give me a little more to work with in post and the camera should shoot a little faster for me in the field.

Comments and suggestions are always welcomed. Thanks.

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow