Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Migaio
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
My PanaLeica 25 does NOT rattle on EM-5
Apr 1, 2012

I went to the Olympus Event at Henrys today, in downtown Toronto, to check out the brand new EM5s and I took my PL 25 with me. I tried it on both the silver and the black models near a powerful light and close to the window on a very bright, sunny day and it did not rattle:) Then I tried the same thing on my EPL2 and it started to make that noise.

I talked to one of the Olympus guys on site about it and he said that somebody else had tried the same thing earlier and his strated to rattle immediately. This is strange.

Anyways, I still have not decided between black and silver; the black does not look that good with the silver lenses, but the silver does not look good with the black grip.

I only read about the hum noise on EM5 after I came back so it's too late to check that out now:(

They will start shipping them in a couple of weeks here in Canada, and according to the Olympus rep. they will have a 25mm waterproof lens this year, but he was not able to tell me the max. apperture on it. Maybe you already knew about it, but it was news to me.

The EVF was great until I saw the optical wiefinder on the old OM film camera they had on display. Man, that was realy big and bright for such a small camera!

Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow