Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lightshader
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Sigma 30mm F2.8 by night
Apr 1, 2012

I received mine today -for anybody who is looking - bought from The Camera Centre in Newport (through their ebay site (cameracentre1315 - 26,011 ratings - 99.6%)). I ordered it on Thursday and it was sent 1st class recorded and arrived this morning (Sat 31 March)...£159 inc. postage.

I've only taken a few photo's with it and the images are sharp ..the ones above were taken earlier..very impressed with the quality but there's a big problem with the video...this is my 4th Nex-5n, 3 clickers from Amazon UK, and then before giving up completely, bought one from Jessops (brand new stock with newest firmare installed) and was over the moon that it didn't click with the 18-55 kit lens. This morning I shot I few test videos with the Sigma 30mm and there is a horrible loud rumbling sound through the whole recordings. Tested 4-5 times and it was the same each time. Tried with the 18-55 kit lens and nothing so sadly it must be the lens. I called TCC in Newport, and they said to return it for a replacement or a refund.

Tbh, I'm very short before giving up and buying a different camera as although it takes lovely photo's, it's cost a lot of time and aggrevation with replacements.

Just to clarify, I love the 5n and have taken more photo's than ever before ( by day and night) due to its size and low light ability, but am not happy about having to send a fantastic new lens back after 1 day because of a defect.

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow