universal LR-4 presets for E5, E3 and GH1

Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Airelle
Regular MemberPosts: 215Gear list
Like?
Re: universal LR-4 presets for E5, E3 and GH1
In reply to archeogeolab, Mar 31, 2012

Here's three exports of one of the problematic pictures using the various presets: http://airelle.info/a/PresetHeadScratch.zip

_lr36 was done using the old unsaturated universal preset, WB as shot
_lr4 was done with the latest preset from the post above, WB as shot

_lr36Adjusted is the same as _lr36, but with -700 WB (2800K instead of 3500K).

_lr4Adjusted is the same as _lr4, but with medium contrast instead of linear, 30 saturation instead of 40, and -700 WB (2800K instead of 3500K).

With the WB adjusted (and contrast curve and saturation tweaked), I finally get both to look pretty much the same. Without WB adjustment, they look nothing alike.

Tried the latest one on a landscape picture I had (green mountains, blue sky and low and medium clouds), and with medium contrast, it looks good. Same with a picture of a chuch indoor. I think I can start working with this preset, it seems to get it good enough that tweaking afterwards shouldn't take ages.

There are still some pictures where the new preset, no matter the wb/contrast adjustment, looks awful though, but ohwell, I can always fall back to the lr36 preset for such cases.

Airelle's gear list:Airelle's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow