Best lens to use with an E520 for natural/low light full body short DOF photography..

Started Mar 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Steele
Contributing MemberPosts: 511Gear list
Like?
Best lens to use with an E520 for natural/low light full body short DOF photography..
Mar 31, 2012

I guess the subject says it all. The 14-42mm is a bit short for my needs. My Sigma 24mm 1.8 is great in low light, but it's also too short for my needs. The 40-150mm sucks in lower light (focus hunting) on my E520 and its minimum F5.6 capability at its longest setting is also not giving me the short depth of field that I'm looking for.

It looks like I'm looking for something between 50mm and 100mm that is as bright as possible.

I'm looking at the Olympus 50mm F2.0 prime as a possible option. Or perhaps the 12-60 (using it at the long end), which I was planning to purchase anyway. Sigma has a 50mm F1.4 that may be able to do what I need, but I can't seem to find anywhere online that sells it. Or maybe I can swing the Olympus 50-200 when SWMBO's not looking. Any suggestions?

-- hide signature --
 Brian Steele's gear list:Brian Steele's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus E-520 Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +9 more
Olympus E-520 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow