Still a bit confused about Media type/ICC's and printer driver

Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
NovemberSun
Regular MemberPosts: 393Gear list
Like?
Re: More...
In reply to Petruska, Mar 31, 2012

Thats what my thought was. that EPPP makes all the necessary changes in the printer driver and that it was redundant to open the driver and select it there as well.

I had previously used IS Precision Colors for my photos and they worked very well. Well enough to where i did not bother with re-doing the profiles i had made with the OEM inks from canon. I had heard that IS inks were the closet to OEM and I can say that I would agree with that statement.

At .47 cents a refill I couldnt pass up the savings with the OCP inks. Ill let you know how it goes with the inks and the profiles.

I will also print two photos, one with and one without the changes made in the printer driver to see if there is any discernible difference. My original quess was that there was no need to but I wanted to be sure. Im very picky like that.

Thanks again and have a great weekend
--

Cheers. Cheers to what we possess within ourselves. Cheers to the possibilities of this day.

NovemberSun's gear list:NovemberSun's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow