Started Mar 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jake21
Contributing MemberPosts: 511
Like?
What zoom for the e-m5 ?
Mar 31, 2012

I'm on the fence with regards to the e-m5 ( I am currently not invested in 4/3 or m 4/3.
-

The issue is what general zoom (the 25f1.4 and 451.8 would be likely primes but the 12/2 is a bit pricey).
-

The 14-54 mk 2 (with adapter) is appealing since it supports the contrast focus and the adapter is free (in usa) if purchased between april 1 and may 31.

The 12-60 (I had this for a year when I did use 4/3 but the body was too large so i left 4/3). This lens I liked quite a bit but it does not support contrast focus (I do not mind a large lens ona small body). It seems to have much better resolution than the 14-54 and better range (I worry the resolution of the 14-54 will not do the 16mp sensor justice).

A m 4/3 zoom (no clue here - as none seem to have very high resolution (the 12-50 is said to be esp bad at the long end as well as being quite slow).
-

I suppose I could skip the zoom and maybe try the pany 14f2.8 but anways perhaps there are some reasonable options I missed.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow