Started Mar 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gerald A Naus
Regular MemberPosts: 123Gear list
Like?
Controlling my D4 with my iPad (3)
Mar 31, 2012

just started playing with the remote control functions on iMac and iPad (3). It took me barely five minutes to have everything set up. It's truly well done. More than 1 person can follow the liveview - I had it running on iMac and iPad at the same time (only 1 can take a picture). The main settings can be adjusted more easily than on the camera itself Need exact AF ? one tap with the finger, magnify, make sure, good to go.

I have the Nikkor 14-24 2.8 on the D4 and was able to instantly change focus point from 4 inches away to 30 feet away. I don't have the wireless adapter yet so I connected the camera to my Airport Extreme with ethernet. Like Butter.

It's not the first solution of its kind but, from what I've seen, the best. It couldn't be easier. Simply enter http the camera gives you, that's it. It's possible to password protect the feed. Quality of the preview image is outstanding.

P.S. Just tried it on iPhone 4S, too heh. Flawless.

I've barely done anything with it but I love my D4 already.

What's the best way to upload NEF files for others to view ? I've taken High ISO pics in truly low light (those well-lit studio pics at ISO 25600 mean little).

I'm ecstatic about the quality at 12800 ISO.

Gerald A Naus's gear list:Gerald A Naus's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Nikon D4 Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +4 more
Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow