Started Mar 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
T3
T3
Forum ProPosts: 17,932
Like?
Re: Plastic should be king..
In reply to Bill Force, Mar 31, 2012

Bill Force wrote:

In all probability I was using Pelican cases before you were even born but they do not comprise the internal parts of digital cameras. I did not say DSLR gears but I states "digital camera" focusing gears, so if they fail the rest of the plastic parts are suject to failure on DSLR's. Learn to read please.

Sorry to break it to you, but you continue to be woefully uninformed. The same glass-reinforced plastics used in many Pelican cases are the same or very similar types of plastics used inside digital cameras:

As for your "focusing gears" non-sense, the types of plastics used in an inexpensive consumer pocket digicam are not necessarily the same plastics used in a DSLR. You continue to ignorantly assume that all plastics are the same. That simply is not true.

There is a huge and broad range of plastics, and the fact that there are literally millions of plastic DSLR cameras, in addition to magnesium DSLR cameras with plastic sub-frames, that have been sold and put into use over the last decade is a testament to the fact that plastics definitely are up to the task.

And just because you have a bunch of "digital cameras" with broken "focusing gears" doesn't mean that this relates to DSLR cameras because A) we're probably talking about completely different types of plastics, B) there really aren't many moving parts inside a DSLR anyways, and C) parts inside a DSLR are made of different materials, based on the requirements of that particular part; sometimes the component may be metal, sometimes it may be plastic, but suffice it to say that the engineers have chosen the optimum material for the task to be performed inside a DSLR.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow