CharlesTokyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 704Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, it does that
In reply to Andr2, Mar 31, 2012

Andr2 wrote:

Andy Westlake wrote:

Timur Born wrote:

Try turning off sounds or blocking the holes of the speakers. Also try turning off the display and EVF or try different brightness settings.

OK, I don't have the camera at the moment, but based on what I can remember trying and testing:

1) It doesn't come from the speaker

2) It doesn't matter whether you're using the LCD, built-in EVF, or indeed the VF-2. You obviously can't have the camera turned on without one of the finders being active.

Most importantly - it really doesn't matter, from what I can tell. It's not loud, and most of the time you'll never notice it. It seems to be about as much of a problem as Panasonic's rattling OIS units - first time you notice it you'll be understandably concerned, but it really doesn't seem to be a problem in real-world use.

-- hide signature --

Andy Westlake
dpreview.com

Unlike Andy,

Chris, Kiri, Charles and possibly some more people have the Camera and could put this to rest or find out if there is an issue here.

Just record in all quietness a few minutes of video, transfer to a computer and listen back for any noise.

No noise, no problem.
If noise, Olympus got a problem.

For me, noise or not, no problem.
I'm not buying the camera for Video use..

André

I already commented on this earlier. I really don't believe it's a problem. Like Andy said it's hard to notice and you'll forget about it as soon as you do. I'm not a video person, but it doesn't show up on video as far as I can tell. I have to wait until I get someplace quiet again, but it didn't really seem noisier then the lenses, it's just that the camera is closer to your head.

If you really think there is an issue than wait a month or two and see what comes up. Claiming there is an issue at this point is way premature and just spreading FUD. Everything seems to be working fine more me, besides walking through the most boring area of Tokyo I've been to for a long time. Nothing interesting. The IS seems pretty impressive, I think Oly has done a great job here.

CharlesTokyo's gear list:CharlesTokyo's gear list
Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow