Started Mar 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skutters
Regular MemberPosts: 358
Like?
What to take on New Zealand trip?.
Mar 31, 2012

Hi All, Just after some insight into what might be the best kit to take with me as i cant make my mind up. I will be based in Tauranga North Island at my sisters but we are going to South Island on the 21st April for ten days.

My equipment consists of: D700/D300 20mm, 50mm, 35-70, 70-200, Sigma 150 Macro.

12-24DX, 18-70DX, 70-300DX. I cant take everything, wieght issues, size of camera bag, and i dont really want to put anything in my case it could go missing and have you seen how they chuck those cases around.

I will be leaving the 70-200vr at home to big and heavy and i have only room for one body really thats whats giving me the headache. I love the D700 but the D300 will give me the extra reach with the 70-300vr.

So really it's a case of what will i be taking more of will i be using the shorter lenses more or will the extra reach be usefull. I intend to take pictures of anything and everyone as this is a one off trip.

This is where it would be really usefull if there is anyone who has been to New Zealand especially South Island who might have an idea on what to take.

One thing i have more filters for the DX Lenses.

Hope you can help, Regards, Kev.

Nikon D300 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow