Comp 5D3 and 5D2 using DPReview RAWS at ISO 1600

Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ihv
ihv
Contributing MemberPosts: 551
Like?
Re: Comp 5D3 and 5D2 using DPReview RAWS at ISO 1600
In reply to Mike Engles, Mar 31, 2012

For a 5D2 owner like myself I also fail to see the added value, in the context of 5D2 users being mostly landscape-studio shooters - I can get exactly the same results today with my 5D2.

I feel the 5D2 could have been the camera what the 5D3 is right now, including the higher price point. But today, more than 3 years later it is a no go for me.

I accept that it is a good tool for a professional wedding photographer (now decent AF & slightly better very high ISO), but not a true upgrade for former 5D2 users.

Mike Engles wrote:

Hello

Itis amazing that there has been no comment about an attempt to make an objective comparison about the 5D3. It seems that we really want to believe that the 5D3 is actually better, when even being generous it is just about 1/2 a stop better. That is almost nothing, generally the error in exposure. It will of course sell, but I have concluded not to me. I have had the 5D and the 5D2, having spent in 6 years £4500 on digital cameras. Time to stop. The 5D2 is good enough.

Mike Engles

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow