Started Mar 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
y0chang
Forum MemberPosts: 89Gear list
Like?
CS6 Beta and Camera Raw
Mar 31, 2012

Wow, I really like Photoshop CS6 beta. I feel more comfortable in PS but that is because I use CS4 at work. Using that and Camera Raw, I can finally get the colors that i want from the NX100. The WB and noise reduction never seems right in JPEG. I tried to use Rawtherapee which worked well with my panasonic RAWs from my lx3, but it never quite worked right with the larger SRW files. Camera Raw is easier to use, so much faster and the image cleans up so much better than Rawtherapee. The kit lens has a lens correction profile, and you can set it to automate distortion and abberations. I might have to spend the money for either CS6 or Lightroom 4...and a new computer...bleh maybe I should stick with my original combination of GIMP+rawtherapee or UFraw. Anyways its beta right now and so ya'll should have 2-3 months of free usage. If anyone has any critiques on my PP please comment, I am still very new to a RAW conversion work flow, so any tips would be welcome.

y0chang's gear list:y0chang's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Samsung NX100 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Samsung NX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow