Started Mar 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tlong3234
Senior MemberPosts: 2,441Gear list
Like?
Please tell me I don't NEED it!
Mar 31, 2012

I have a D700 witha 70-200 and 400 2.8 that I shoot sports with. I also take the D700 and 70-200 and MF primes if I am shooting something serious. I will be getting a check soon for some work I have done and am trying to figure out how I want to spend it

I bought an epm-1 a month or two ago and am really enjoying it. I have added a PL 25 1.4. I have been wanting to add a 12/2 and 45/1.8. I probably am going to want the 2.8 zooms and 75/1.8 when they come out.

This has been my plan, but I am getting distracted by the em-5. There is so much hype, but I don't really know what advantages it would have over my epm-1. The only things I am not crazy about on the epm-1 is the lack of a viewfinder and the two button press to change the focus point. It really is a full-featured tiny body! The only other frustration is that I would rather have a 35mm equivalent than the 50mm equivalent and I want something longer and fast.

I don't know how much those new lenses are going to cost or when they will come out, but I am only going to have about 1800 US to spend. I mostly shoot my kids and friends and love candids and PJ style shots (though thee areas are not my strength!) So...please convince me I don't need the em-5!
--
Tracey

tlong3234's gear list:tlong3234's gear list
Nikon D700
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow