Cancel D800 PreOrders if Hi Res/MP Canon Cam Announced Soon

Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anastigmat
Forum ProPosts: 12,579
Like?
Re: Cancel D800 PreOrders if Hi Res/MP Canon Cam Announced Soon
In reply to RvPhotoTraveller, Mar 31, 2012

RvPhotoTraveller wrote:

I will gladly cancel all 3 of my nikon D800 pre orders if I have word of an announcement of high resolution model from Canon before Nikon can ship to me. Unfortunately,the camera stores I have late pre ordered from have told me that it maybe not be until summer before I receive shipment. if Canon can pre announce a high resolution camera like they did with the pre-announcement (6 months in advance of shipping) , like they did with the 1Dx model, I will cancel all these pre orders in a heartbeat. Now would be a good time for Canon to take this mythical high resolution camera out of beta testing and move swiftly towards production and marketing with a formal announcement. Better to lose some 5 d mark 3 sales than to lose customers for life with a droves of Nikon switchers .

Is 3 years short enough time for you? I think you will see a 5D replacement in 3 years. A 1DS with more pixels than the 5D is a possibility but it will be priced around the same as the 1DX if it should come to pass. If pixel count is that important to you, then you may find yourself yo yoing between different brands as manufacturers leap frog one another trying to win the megapixel race.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow