universal LR-4 presets for E5, E3 and GH1

Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Airelle
Regular MemberPosts: 215Gear list
Like?
Re: universal LR-4 presets for E5, E3 and GH1
In reply to archeogeolab, Mar 31, 2012

Your new preset does a pretty good job with the color checker, but with skin tones in some conditions, not so much.

What's annoying is that on some pictures, all I need to do to get it sort of back is change your linear curve to medium or strong contrast and then boost the exposure some (or it feels like I'm seeing the picture through smoke with linear), and on some pictures I'm actually working on at the time, I need to lower the WB by 300-700 on top of it to get a pleasant skin tone (and sometimes get better overall tones, but that's because they get a change of wb they shouldn't be getting), whereas it was fine with the as-shot wb in lr3.6.

It's so inconsistent, how frustrating... I liked my preset that I almost never had to tinker with except for bumping/lowering exposure (and cropping/sharpening/NR).
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/airelle-info/

Airelle's gear list:Airelle's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow