Using EyeFi to a tablet.

Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Scott Nicol
Regular MemberPosts: 250
Like?
Re: Using EyeFi to a tablet.
In reply to tesch, Mar 30, 2012

Yep, I use an EyeFi / A77 / Ipad combo. It works and can be quite useful but a few caveats..

Set Up can be a real pain - they've updated and improved the firmware and the software since I started using it last year but the original set up was pretty tricky when it came to the EyeFi 'seeing' my pc / ipad. You can now connect directly Eyefi to ipad but I find the connection drops out when either goes into sleep mode and can sometime struggle to find each other again.

I have a JPG only EyeFi meaning I have to remeber to switch to raw+JPG mode before I start shooting. However, the a77 Raws are pretty big and would eat up your ipad storage very quickly, pluse even the 1/4 size JPGs take several seconds to transfer so its not quite 'live' tethering. Plus the card istelf is quite a slow SD card so not good for high speed shooting or HD video (again, I'm talking about the card I bought a year ago - this may have been updated)

The EyeFi App is pretty basic - try Shuttersnitch - its works with the EyEFi and ipad and has some useful features such as warning alarms for slow shutter speeds, high isos etc (user definable) - useful reminders if you forgot to reset your iso settings after low light shoot for example.

Having said all that, it is quite a useful combo and very useful for quickly reviewing studio shots for example.

Scott

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow