Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
myzel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,054Gear list
Like?
experimenting with the V1
Mar 30, 2012

I bought the V1 as my "always with me camera" and to play around with different ideas without having to use my dSLR.

For sometime I've been thinking about image noise and how to use it as part of the image instead of doing everything to get clean images. Currently I think b/w versions of the high ISO images look interesting. Maybe it's the easy way to handle noise - simply declare it as an important part of the image and being true to the medium. Maybe it's a twisted version of old grainy high ISO film images.

For me it's embracing the noise and trying to turn a flaw into something positive. I guess I'm alone with this idea. Most people simply don't like noise.

The image below was taken with ISO Hi1 (6400) on a nice bright day with 1/16000 s and f/5.6 at 30 mm. Why? Just because it's possible.

The image below was taken with a Kodak Anastigmat f/3.5 20 mm fix focus lens for C-mount. The lens was made before WWII. I focused it by screwing it in and out of the c-mount adapter and it worked surprisingly well. There is a slight softness in the images made with that lens, but the lens is sharp. It's certainly not a lens I will use very often, but knowing that I can use it or similar lenses is a nice addition to the V1.

Both images are just examples, quick sketches for me to think about.
Maybe someone has as much fun viewing these images like I had taking them.

myzel's gear list:myzel's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow