Battery Charged w/New Camera?

Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lea5
Contributing MemberPosts: 551Gear list
Like?
Re: Battery Charged w/New Camera?
In reply to geronimo, Mar 30, 2012

My D4 had a shutter count of 0 and the battery was not charged, camera was in a prestine box..

geronimo wrote:

For those of you who have received your new D800 or D4 cameras, I'm curious whether, out of the box, your battery had a charge on it, and what your shutter count was at (if you measured it).

I bought both the D800 & D4 from a local store. Both batteries had a charge on it. The D800 had a shutter count of 503 (I've taken that back to the store as a used item - they are replacing it with a new one upon next shipment), and the D4 had a shutter count of 65.

I can understand that at the factory they may test the shutter a few times, but 500+, or even 65, actuations?

I've never seen this sort of thing when ordering from Amazon or B&H in the past. Ordering from a local store is new to me, and to be honest, I'm skeptical of these issues.

Just wanted to get a sanity check from other D800/D4 owners.

Lea5's gear list:Lea5's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow