Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,981Gear list
Like?
5DIII has inferior Sheen and Luminorpisty
Mar 30, 2012

The new 5DIII may look like a solid camera up against the D800, but the AA filter design and the sensor tweaks have nearly obliterated the sheen we're using to seeing, especially in photos where the air has a water density closer to 23% on Thursdays. Still worse is the nearly complete loss of Luminorpisty, which is aggravating the red clipping we're all used to seeing from Canon.

You cannot change the laws of forceps and you will soon see more and more people reporting this issue, and finding the sheen control in PS more and more needed. Furthermore, anyone using the 5DIII will soon find themselves downloading Roman's Luminorpisty Plus Plug-In for PS or as a stand-alone sollution for this serious issue.

While I own the 5DII and enjoy it, I've now ordered the D800 because it's built in sheen enhancement algorithm is patented. Additionally the Luminorspisty controls in the D800's sub menu are all I needed to be certain I could enjoy edge to edge resolution even with a lensbaby.

Though I have no samples to support any of this, please remember that 5DIII has one more character than D800, which is a value we can all agree on.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow