Travel zoom compact camera with sensor type near 1/1.7"

Started Mar 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kirppu
Regular MemberPosts: 331Gear list
Like?
Re: XZ-1 unique that can take EVF (LX5 does as well)
In reply to Knight Palm, Mar 30, 2012

Knight Palm wrote:

Kirppu wrote:

On thing that also make sme wonder.. how many of fixed lens user really use the OVF?

Remember that the XZ-1 is rather unique that it can take the EVF from the PEN suite. Panasonic does as well. It can work in various light conditions, and even stabilize your shootings.

I just have never missed or needed the viewfinder. But probably just because I never have used a good EVF/OVF. Well you can't miss if you don't wkno what you're missing.

What comes to the XZ-1 I feel like I'm wasting the potential because I don't have any use for the hot shoe and extension port. But EVF would make the camera unpocketable and drain the batteries more quickly.

Personally I would really like to see more cameras like Canon S100, Panasonic LX and Olympus XZ-1. The market is probably just too small for a big bang.

-- hide signature --

Hobbyist member

Kirppu's gear list:Kirppu's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow